If you are planning to become a doctor and study abroad, you can study MBBS in the Philippines. There are many universities in the Philippines that offer MBBS education. In fact, it is a well-known destination for international students including Indians.
Advantages of studying abroad
Studying abroad offers students many great advantages. Leaving your home country and stepping into an unknown place can be a bold decision for many people. But living internationally for personal growth can offer you several benefits. Some of the benefits of studying abroad include:
- Get a chance to discover a whole new ethnicity
- Students will become more independent by studying in a foreign country
- They can build a network of friends from different parts of the world
- Students can experience a different education style
- Academic experience abroad offers students to stand out to potential employers
- Improve their English skills whatever subject they choose to study
Benefits of Studying MBBS in the Philippines
When it comes to medical education, the Philippines is one of the fine choices among different countries. You can check the top medical colleges in the Philippines for Indian students if you plan to study MBBS in this country.
The lower cost of pursuing a medical education is certainly a prime reason for the popularity of the Philippines. Compared to countries like the USA, UK, Australia and China, the Philippines is relatively cheaper when it comes to medical education.
In addition to low-cost education, students can find affordable accommodation in this country. American Style PBL Curriculum is another highlight of studying in the Philippines.
Steps to make your dream into a reality
Study MBBS in a foreign country can be a dream of many people. They can choose an MCI approved university abroad for that if they meet the eligibility criteria. Let us check the steps to study MBBS in the Philippines in order to fulfil their dream into a reality.
- Check the eligibility
Indian students should meet certain eligibility criteria for pursuing medical education in the Philippines.
Each student must have completed his or her class XII in science with at least 50% of marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
Students from the reserved categories can apply with 40% in the above subjects.
Besides, students must qualify for NEET to seek medical admission in the Philippines.
- Admission process
In order to get admission in a reputed institute, you need to complete the following steps.
- Fill the application for your course
- Submit all the required academic documents like your class XII mark sheets, NEET scorecard.
- Submit passport size photographs of you.
- Submit your passport details. Even if you do not hold a passport, you can complete the registration process. You can apply for the passport at the time of registration to the university for the course.
- If your registration process is complete, you will get the admission letter from the university that you choose for the course.
- As a student, you need to apply for the ‘Visa invitation letter’ with the following documents:
- Your passport size photographs in white background
- Medical fitness certificate
- Bank statement of your father/mother for the last 6 months
- HIV Report
- Visa Stamping
You can fulfil the dream of studying abroad with a few steps. If you are interested in studying abroad, choose your favourite destination first. Get an idea about the top medical colleges in the Philippines for Indian students if you choose the Philippines for your MBBS course. Indian students who aspire to become medical professionals should get an idea about the benefits of studying MBBS courses abroad.